Wednesday 11 April 2012

Nice to meet you

My first blog and I'm not sure where to begin. So here is a (quick) run down of my story:

My life changed alot when I found out I was pregnant in 2010. I was 23 years old and not married and not ready to be a mom. On November 24th 2010 I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl. I named her Grace Brooklyn and I loved her the second I laid eyes on her. Things with her father had been up in the air since I found out I was pregnant, but for the moment we were trying to make it work. About a week after she was born we ended things and I moved back to my parents. Moving there was the best thing for us. I'm not sure I could have done it without the help of my mom and dad. If you're a mom too then you know those first few months are pretty rough. My mom and I took turns having Grace sleep on our chests - the only way she would sleep for the first 7 weeks of life.



When Grace was 6 months old we packed up our things and moved back to Toronto. Being back in the city was an adjustment. And being alone with my daughter was an even bigger adjustment. But I feel as though God was looking out for me when he gave me Grace as my daughter. She is such a good baby and I don't know why I have been so lucky.

We had an amazing summer and then it was back to reality ---- my mat leave was coming to an end and I had to go back to work. It was scary for me. I felt like I just become comfortable in my new role as Grace's mom, and now I had to switch gears 5 days a week. And on top of that, I had to find childcare.

The childcare thing fell into place perfectly (Someone is watching over me), and aside from the first week, Grace adjusted really well and soon loved going there. I think I had a harder time with it then she did.

6 months later and that brings us to today. Being a single, working momma is not easy. But this is my life, and I wouldn't change it for anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment