Tuesday 24 April 2012

Change

Definition of change: To make radically different, to alter, to undergo transformation, to replace with another...



Recently my life has seen alot of change, and it's mostly been positive. Aside from my own life changes, I get to watch my amazing Grace change everyday. I got to experience her growing inside of me, being born, hear her first cries, see her first smile, hear her first laugh, hear her first words, watch her roll over, sit up, stand up, take her first steps. If there is anything in this world to remind you how great change can be, it's a child.

Change is good... if everything stayed the same forever you would never learn anything in life. But when so many things change all at once, I find myself desperately seeking comfort.

Someone told me last night that in order to see change in a difficult situation, you need to make change. I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong. I haven't been the most perfect human being. But I know sometimes... it's not me that needs to change.

I can't change the actions of another person... but I can't live forever feeling anger and resentment towards something that is out of my hands.

"The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind."
Dr. Wayne Dyer

What needs to change is my state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment